The Norwegian Government's (preliminary) emergency plan for handling the consequences of COVID-19
- The State will cover a portion of the fixed costs for companies that have a "significant drop in turnover" as a result of the outbreak of coronavirus and the infection control measures.
- The scheme is intended to be broad and must be designed in accordance with state aid regulations.
- The Government is collaborating with Finance Norway to find a solution where the companies themselves seek support through a digital portal.
- The processing of the applications must to a large extent be automated and based on available register data.
- Initially, the scheme will last for two months. Further details are expected next week (week 14)
Additionally, it has been announced that the Government will propose an "entrepreneurial package" of NOK 5 billion.
Note that these measures are proposals from the minority government, and they will now be considered by the Storting. So far, all proposals from the government have been upheld in the Storting.
- The summary was last updated Friday 27 March 2020.
- We also refer to the Norwegian Government's own thematic overview for national measures related to the coronavirus crisis, which is available here (in Norwegian only)